Restore vintage wood windows with sash master Duffy Hoffman.
Whether you're an owner, contractor, craftsman, architect, or someone who simply loves old windows, join us for a 4-day workshop to rehabilitate vintage wood windows. Instead of giving up on old wood windows, now you can restore one of the most important architectural features of any historic home.
* Take a wood sash through the restoration process--from start to finish.
* Map and number windows prior to removal.
* Disassemble, stabilize, and reassemble window units.
* Repair or replace window chains or ropes.
* Restore, splice, or replace deteriorated and missing members.
* Review paint-stripping materials and methods and routine maintenance.
* Use a duty-specific steam box to safely remove old paint and glaze.
* Reglaze windows and replace broken or damaged glass.
* Brush up on painting and refinishing tools, techniques, and materials.
* Incorporate lead-safe work practices (RRP certification included).
Ignite your portential, learn a new craft, or sharpen your skills!
To ensure an exceptional learning experience, the class size is limited. Book Workshop JOYN-01 (Aug. 21-24) online today at https://www.shoplimeworks.us/store/p499/JOYN-01 or call 215-536-1776 to register by phone.
Craftwork Training Center teaches time-honored skills and fine craftsmanship using intensive hands-on training in preservation masonry and carpentry techniques. Our workshops enable students to repair, restore, and stabilize historic structures and their components. We also emphasize construction principles, current and emerging industry standards, preservation practices, and sustainable materials. All of our workshop include lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on training and are held on the beautiful campus shared by LimeWorks.us and Craftwork Training Center located at 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969 (unless noted otherwise).