JOYN-01 Restoring Wood Windows With Sash Master Duffy Hoffman
Whether you're an owner, contractor, craftsman, architect, or someone who simply loves old windows, join us for a 4-day workshop to rehabilitate vintage wood windows. Instead of giving up on your old windows, practice hands-on restoration techniques with nationally recognized preservationist Duffy Hoffman and our own in-house specialist Adam Criscuolo.
- Take a wood window sash through the restoration process--from start to finish.
- Map and number windows prior to removal.
- Disassemble, stabilize, and reassemble window units.
- Repair or replace window chains or ropes.
- Restore, splice, or replace deteriorated and missing members.
- Review paint-stripping materials and methods and routine maintenance.
- Use a duty-specific steam box to safely remove old paint and glaze.
- Reglaze windows and replace broken or damaged glass.
- Brush up on painting and refinishing tools, techniques, and materials.
- Incorporate lead-safe work practices (RRP certification included).
To ensure an exceptional learning experience, the class size is limited. Book Workshop JOYN-01 (July 24-27, 2017) online today at https://www.shoplimeworks.us/store/p499/JOYN-01 or call 215-536-1776 to register by phone.
Duffy Hoffman has served as a consultant, project manager, and master craftsman on many historic restoration projects and he continues to teach preservation workshops across the country. His articles have appeared in issues of Old House Journal and he co-authored the book Window Preservation Standards. In 2013, Duffy received the Preservation Trades Network prestigious Askins Achievement Award, named in honor of James Askins, founder of the National Parks Service Historic Preservation Training Center. Duffy owns and operates Hoffman Preservation and Restoration, Inc., located in Chicago, Louisville, and Harrisburg. He'll lead our 4-day wood window restoration workshop on July 24 through July 27, 2017, along with our own preservation specialist Adam Criscuolo, at Craftwork Training Center (3145 State Road, Telford, PA).
Craftwork Training Center teaches time-honored skills and fine craftsmanship using intensive hands-on training in preservation masonry and carpentry techniques. Our workshops enable students to repair, restore, and stabilize historic buildings and their components. We also emphasize construction principles, current and emerging industry standards, preservation practices, and sustainable materials. All of our workshops include lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on learning and are held on the beautiful campus shared by LimeWorks.us and Craftwork Training Center located at 3145 State Road, Telford, PA 18969. Detailed descriptions of our workshops and a complete schedule of our 2017 programs can be found online at http://craftworktrainingcenter.com/course-catalog.php