We are a private conservation firm looking for a Museum Cleaning Technician to join our team.
We are hiring for a specific project that involves cleaning large scale museum object at a museum in Chantilly, VA. A significant part of the work will be performed from aerial boom lifts and scissor lifts; therefore, comfort with working at heights is necessary.
Aerial lift certification and training will be provided
Applicants should also be comfortable with heights, climbing, carrying things, standing for long periods, bending.
- museum experience
- experience working at height or operating aerial lifts
Applicants must be:
- a team player
- detail oriented
- good with tools
- capable of working on fragile and delicate items
- able to follow instructions
- able to adhere to site safety protocols
- able to maintain a positive attitude
- be a US citizen or have valid working papers
- be able to pass a federal background check
- have a valid driver's license
- have own transportation.
Hours are M - F, 6am - 10am (20/hrs/wk)
- 10 Federal Holidays (4/hrs/Holiday)
- 40 hours paid vacation after 1 year
For the right applicant, work on other projects is a possibility. This work may include bronze patination, stone carving, painting, mold making, welding, mortar repair, testing, and report writing.