We are a private conservation firm looking for a Museum Cleaning Technician to join our team.
We work on indoor and outdoor sculptures and monuments, architecture and architectural elements, fountains, bridges, archeological, agricultural, and industrial artifacts all over North America.
We are hiring for a specific project that involves cleaning Museum artifacts at a museum in Washington DC. A significant part of the work will be performed from aerial boom lifts and scissor lifts; therefore, comfort with working at heights is necessary.
However, aerial lift certification and training will be provided.
Applicants should not be afraid of heights, climbing, carrying things, standing for long periods, bending, or working hard.
- museum experience
- experience working at height or operating aerial lifts
Applicants must be:
- a team player
- detail oriented
- good with tools
- capable of working on fragile and delicate items
- able to follow instructions
- able to adhere to site safety protocols
- able to maintain a positive attitude
- be a US citizen or have valid working papers
- be able to pass a federal background check
- have a valid driver's license
- have own transportation.
Hours are M - F,
6am - 10am
. Pay rate is $15/hr.-18/hr
- 10 Federal Holidays (4/hrs/Holiday)
- 40 hours paid vacation after 1 year
For the right applicant, work on other projects is a possibility. This work may include bronze patination, stone carving, painting, mold making, welding, mortar repair, testing, and report writing.