We are a small consulting engineering firm specializing in building evaluation and repair. Our projects range from masonry townhouse renovations to registered Historic Landmark churches, masonry warehouses, and civil structures. Most of our projects involve on-site evaluation of structures using nondestructive and in-place test methods, structural analysis, and design of stabilization schemes. We are looking for an engineering technician to help project engineers in the office and in the field.
- Help with field evaluation of structures, including testing, photography, and removal of test specimens. Use of power tools and physical ability to work on construction sites is necessary.
- Employees must have the capability to work in attics and crawlspaces, work off scaffolds, lifts or swing stage; previous scaffold safety training is a plus.
- Enter results of tests into computer databases and assemble test reports.
- Assist with drafting project details using AutoCAD.
- Employees must have the capability to travel occasionally to projects throughout the U.S.
Prospective employees must be organized, detail-oriented, have good math skills, basic AutoCAD experience, a good technical mind, be able to work without close supervision, and be willing to learn about new technology. Applicants must be able to lift 50+ pounds, have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record, and maintain a professional appearance.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and opportunities to work on challenging, high-profile projects. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability.
We have some flexibility with scheduling and are willing to work with employees if less than full-time employment is desired. Occasional out-of-town travel and work on weekends is required.