Historic District Commission Scope of Services for Historic Preservation Review
The Town of Chapel Hill is looking for support in reviewing and evaluating applications to the Historic District Commission for Certificates of Appropriateness.
The Town will provide in-house support for the daily operations of the Commission, including:
Receiving applications; publically noticing the Commissions meetings; mailing notices, web and sign posting, etc.; coordinating communications with the Contractor; providing meeting support (setting up the meeting, recording, creating action minutes for the Commission)
The Contractor responsibilities would include:
- Review applications for completeness; provide a report consistent with the written order template used by the HDC; develop a consistent evaluation and report on applications, and
- Present findings and recommendations to the Commission at their monthly evening meeting (typically the second Tuesday of the month)
- Coordinate with in-house staff and the Commission Chair on regular and special meetings of the Commission, including agenda development
- Provide professional input and recommendations to the Commission on special projects and initiatives (e.g., design guidelines, State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) training presentation)
If you are interested in providing these contractor services, we would like to receive a scope of services from you with a proposal for fees and professional rates for providing these services for a six-month period.
The scope should include reasonably anticipated expenses such as:
- Initial orientation
- Weekly review of applications
- Monthly meeting support
- Coordination with in-house staff and Chair for monthly meeting preparation
- Direct costs
The Town will review proposals for fit with the Towns needs, the Contractors willingness to support the Commission as described, and available budget.
Please contact John Richardson with questions by December 20, 2017. Questions and answers to any questions will be shared with all proposers by December 22, 2017.
If you are interested, please return your scope of services proposal to John Richardson (via email at email@example.com) by December 31, 2017.
The Town seeks to begin this support in February 2018, anticipating an introduction to the Commission at their February 13, 2018 meeting.