Portsmouth Historical Association will begin an internship/graduate assistantship program for the summer 2018. The purpose is to organize the goals of our mission and give opportunities to potential researchers and curators.
1. Commence an archival program, which can be taught to members and volunteers; this would include documents, letters, old photos as well as photographing and documenting the many items in the museum
2. Develop a user-friendly online database
3. Create events to enhance visibilty and visitations
4. Organize the volunteer teams to our best advantage
5. Docent once weekly at the museum to obtain first-hand information in order to improve our tours
6. Work with local experts in their fields such as fabric conservationists, curators, etc. and develop a contact list
7. Produce a unique and completed project of your own interest such as a pamphlet, program, video, etc.
8. Present a summary of your summer accomplishments to the PHA board.