Principal Function: The Exhibit Developer is responsible for developing and managing key aspects of exhibit and experience development for new exhibits, as well as revisions or additions to existing experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and writes conceptual documents, scripts, storylines and labels.
- Consults with other museum staff or performs necessary research to ensure exhibits and experiences are historically and scientifically accurate.
- Serves as Project Manager for core and extended teams relating to exhibition development.
- Works with teams of staff and outside consultants to develop, design and test exhibits.
- Collaborates with Evaluation Department on formative, summative and remedial evaluation of experiences and exhibits.
- Remains current in informal learning theory and best practices with family learning in informal environments and applies these to the design process.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years experience.