IES is a small woman-owned business that specializes in providing natural and cultural resourceplanning services, ecological restoration and revegetation services, and NEPA documentation. IES is seeking to hire a full-time cultural resources specialist/project manager to join our consulting firm.
To be considered the candidate will:
hold a Bachelors degree in Anthropology, Archeology, History, Historic Preservation, Architectural History, or related field;
· have a minimum of two years consulting experience;
display the ability to develop field methodologies utilizing standards and procedures for obtaining project approval from the Texas Historical Commission or for Section 106 of the NHPA related projects;
· understanding of cultural resources regulations and requirements;
· have proven experience working independently with little supervision;
· have a working knowledge of ArcGIS;
· display the willingness to work long hours under less than desirable weather, topographic, and environmental settings; and
· have a valid drivers license.
In addition, the ideal candidate would:
· hold a Masters degree that would be able to meet the Secretary of the Interior qualified standards for Archeology, History, or Architectural History;
· have a minimum of five years of consulting experience;
· possess knowledge, skills, and abilities pertaining to other cultural resource fields outside their area of expertise;
· have demonstrated office experience related to processing field data;
· be listed as an author or contributing author for regulatory compliance cultural resources reports; and
· have proven capabilities using ArcGIS to generate professional quality maps.
The duties of this position require approximately 50 percent fieldwork and 50 percent office related tasks. Role of the selected candidate will include, but not limited to, developing methodologies for cultural resources investigations, conducting and leading field investigations, conducting in-depth background and archival research, preparing agency coordination letters and technical reports, generating Ar