Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. seeks a full-time, salaried entry or mid-level Architectural Historian to work out of our Knoxville, Tennessee office. The successful candidate must:
· Possess a Masters degree in historic preservation, architectural history, history, or related field;
· Meet the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualifications in Architectural History;
· Demonstrate at least two years of relevant experience;
· Work well independently and as a team member;
· Have excellent technical writing skills;
· Be able to work within project budgets and schedules; and
· Have the flexibility to travel overnight for projects.
Applicants should have an understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), as well as applicable Section 106 regulations. Previous experience with architectural resource surveys, Section 106 compliance, National Register of Historic Places nominations, HABS/HAER documentation, design guidelines, historic structure reports, and/or preservation planning is desirable. Previous experience with transportation projects is a plus, as is experience in the identification and evaluation of specialized property types such as cultural landscapes and military resources.
CRA employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, professional writing sample, and a list of three professional references to Bridgette Robinson at email@example.com.