Cirrus is growing and seeks a structural engineer to join our team. Our new team member has at least 3 years of experience in structural engineering, with an MS in structural or architectural engineering. We are open to training a less experienced individual if the candidate is an otherwise excellent match. The successful candidate will hold a current EIT certification or a structural Professional Engineering (PE) license. A valid drivers license and authorization to work in the U.S. are required.
· Our small size offers much opportunity for professional development, learning and mentorship.
· This position provides invaluable experience working with varied project types (historic restoration, new buildings and additions, renovations, façade engineering, adaptive reuse, forensic engineering and more) and building materials during the entire lifecycle of a project.
· While this is a full-time position, we are willing to set up a flexible schedule, or consider part-time hours to make sure we get the right fit for our team. As an added bonus, working remotely may be an option for seasoned candidates with proven success; however, the remote location must be reasonably close to our office east of Hartford, CT and projects throughout southern New England. This position typically involves 1-2 days in the field per week.
We are located on the shores of a small-town lake a short distance east of Hartford, Connecticut, one of Americas oldest cities. Hartford offers an active cultural scene and many historic attractions. This part of New England is easily accessible to the ocean and mountains, as well as quaint historic towns and the urban centers of New York and Boston.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· Because you are an analytical, creative, detail-oriented and forward-thinking engineer with a passion for historic preservation, forensic and other unique projects.
· Because you enjoy a flexible, fast-paced environment and consider yourself a self-starter who is comfortable tackling multiple projects.
· Because you are interested in being close to the action and contributing to the full lifecycle of projects and day-to-day business operations.
· Because you value flexibility in your schedule.
· Because you want to work on meaningful projects and make a difference.