The 106 Group is seeking a Senior Architectural Historian to join our history team in our St. Paul office. This position involves working collaboratively with other architectural historians to conduct and complete cultural resources projects in Minnesota and nationally. Job duties entail, but are not limited to, conducting field survey and research, providing technical expertise for cultural resource reports, and maintaining client communication. Travel and fieldwork are requirements of this position. Other duties may include participating in or leading public meetings, and overseeing other staff if assigned and as appropriate. The 106 Group offers a professional and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects in the field of cultural, environmental consulting and planning. See www.106group.com for more information about our firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience in professional consulting. Minimum qualifications include an M.A./M.S. degree in architectural history, historic preservation, history, planning, or closely related field, and at least 4 years of work experience in resources management and/or preservation planning.
Skills and experience required include:
· Excellent research, writing, and critical thinking skills
· A working knowledge of cultural resources management laws and process
· Experienced in defining and conducting reconnaissance and intensive architectural history surveys and evaluations, HABS/HAER/HALS documentation, and National Register nominations
· Demonstrated knowledge of the history and architectural styles of the Midwest and Great Plains
· Strong project management skills, and ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure
· Ability to meet project schedules and complete tasks within a specified budget
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Good working knowledge of current information technologies
· Valid drivers license and vehicle required
Additional preferred skills include:
· Previous cultural resources experience in Minnesota
· Experience documenting and evaluating industrial and mining properties, and rural landscapes
· Experience conducting design review for tax credit applications