This posting is for a part-time Administrative Coordinator position with Riverside Avondale Preservation. Riverside Avondale Preservation also manages the Riverside Arts Market. This position will be responsible for a variety of activities critical to the work of both, and is merging several part-time positions. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with all staff members.
· Reception - Answer calls and answer or route accordingly. Opens and sorts mail and delivers it to the appropriate personnel. Monitor general email inbox for RAP and RAM and answer or route accordingly. Greet and assist walk-in customers.
· Volunteer coordination - Coordinate and oversee volunteers and volunteer projects. Assist in recruitment of volunteers and prepare educational materials. Assist in building volunteer database in existing software.
· Membership organization - Maintain the organizations membership base and participate in membership drives and events. Update the database as needed and assist in building the functionality of the membership database. Work with Development Committee as needed.
· Office administration - Keep the office organized and running efficiently. Maintain electronic and paper filing in conjunction with other staff. Assist with office needs as required, such as help with programming or events.
· Communications Assist with email newsletters and social media where needed, in addition to monthly mailings and other correspondence.
· Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent; two or four-year degree preferred.
· Minimum two years of work experience in an administrative support position in an office.
· Non-profit experience, working with volunteers and/or customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability in written and oral communications and interpersonal relations
· Commitment to customer service excellence
· Proven ability to operate in a teamwork environment requiring strong multi-tasking
· Demonstrated problem solving abilities and initiative
· Strong computer skills
· An accessible and flexible team worker
· An individual who is invested in their community and understands the importance of supporting local and small businesses
· A self-starter with integrity, a good sense of humor and a high level of energy
Conditions of Employment