Licenses and Certifications:
To be considered, incumbents must meet the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology as follows:
A bachelor's degree in archeology, anthropology, or closely related field plus:
• at least one year of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in archeological research, administration, or management;
• at least four months of supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archeology;
• demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A graduate degree in archeology, anthropology, or closely related field.
At least two years of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in archeological research, administration, or management.
At least one year of supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archeology and a demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
• regulations such as the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), Archaeological Resource protection Act (ARPA), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) that relate to cultural resource management and South Dakota archaeological prehistory, history and geography;
• archaeological laboratory analysis and excavation methods and techniques;
• fiscal management.
• determine the value of cultural resources and archaeological sites;
• inventory archaeological sites, surveys, maps, and related information;
• communicate information clearly and concisely;
• interpret legal requirements;
• analyze information and determine whether it meets established criteria;
• deal tactfully with others and interact with the public and organizations;
• perform research;
• use a computer.
To be considered, attach your responses to the questions below. Your responses must be clear, concise, and numbered. Please describe any work or life-related experience which would indicate that you possess the knowledge, skill, or ability listed below:
1. Knowledge of computer software applications associated with survey work, site forms, and database entry.
2. Ability to work well with others within a cohesive team atmosphere.
3. Ability to communicate information clearly and professionally, both in correspondence and through presentations or public forums.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information