Under direction of the Deputy Chief of Design, serve as the liaison to the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) and State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO). Manage all aspects of LPC and SHPO interface including Parks project submissions, archaeology issues, environmental reviews and proposed landmark designations and listings.
Provide technical design guidance to Parks staff on LPC submissions throughout the design process to ensure agency standards are met. Coordinate submissions and participate in public hearings, as necessary. Respond to comments and questions and keep internal records.
Serve as Parks preservation liaison, interfacing with elected officials and local historic preservation groups, providing expert advice and gaining support and approval for projects.
Develop a library of best practice designs and submissions for various types of work on historically important properties.
Promote preservation practices and implement restoration programs for New York City parks properties.
Job ID#: 252669
1. A valid New York State Registration as an Architect and four years of full-time architectural experience. A masters degree in architecture from an accredited college will be accepted as equivalent to one year of full-time architectural experience.
2. In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Levels II and III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
Job ID#: 252690
3. A Masters degree from an accredited college with a major in historic preservation, architectural history, art history, architecture or civil engineering and five-years of full-time paid experience in architecture, restoration or preservation of historic structures, research in architectural history or in teaching architecture, preservation or architectural history, at least two years of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or
4. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major as described above and six years of experience as described above, at least two years of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or
5. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to 1 and 2. However, all candidates must have a baccalaureate degree as described above and at least two years of full-time paid experience as described above, one year of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
Job ID#: 252701
A valid New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect, and either:
1. A Master's degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and three (3) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work; or
2. Four (4) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.