The Civil War Trust is the country's largest battlefield preservation organization and has saved 43,000 acres of land in 23 states. We are seeking a social media intern to assist with web and communications projects. These could include:
- Managing grassroots advocacy Facebook pages.
- Analyzing current Trust social pages and providing suggestions for increasing engagement.
- Researching and assisting with strategy to build relationships with social influencers on Twitter.
- Gathering assets for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Working with other departments to create new content for Civilwar.org, Campaign1776.org and related promotional materials.
- Providing support and suggestions for creating timely content and testing new approaches to social platforms.
We are looking for a strong writer who is detail-oriented and eager to present original, creative ideas. Applicants should have some experience with community management and data analysis. A background in marketing, journalism or public relations is a plus, as is experience with the Adobe Suite.
The position is part-time, up to 30 hours a week, with hours to be determined with some flexibility. You will work in our downtown Washington, D.C. office. We would like to hire immediately for a three-month period, with the possibility of extension.