Maritime Archaeologist / Marine Remote Sensing Specialist
SEARCH, a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers, is continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry. As a full service company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
SEARCH has an immediate opening for a full time Maritime Archaeologist / Marine Remote Sensing Specialist to join our Maritime division in Pensacola, FL, to support projects throughout the Southeast and worldwide. This position will be responsible for designing and conducting marine remote-sensing surveys (including side-scan sonar, magnetometer, and sub-bottom profiler), leading field efforts (remote sensing and diving), analyzing and interpreting remote-sensing data, maintaining and repairing equipment, conducting diver investigations, producing reports, and operating a variety of survey vessels. The ideal candidate will also possess project management experience, be detail-oriented and organized, and have the ability to work well on simultaneous projects while meeting all deadlines. Candidates with GIS experience and RPA certification (or eligibility for RPA) are highly desirable.
To perform this position successfully, candidates should possess:
- Masters degree in Anthropology, History, Historical Archaeology, or a related field;
- Must have Masters degree obtained, no ABT
- Certification in SCUBA diving. (Detailed certifications must be included on your CV/resume);
· Ability to travel internationally without restrictions;
· A valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation;
· Proficiency in the operation of small boats and the ability to troubleshoot small engines, electronics, pumps, and haul trailers;
· Knowledge in the use of CHIRP sub-bottom profilers, dual-frequency side-scan sonars, magnetometers, and hydrographic echo sounders;
· Willingness to learn surface supplied air diving (AGA/Kirby Morgan) and the ability to complete tasks underwater;
· Proficiency in HyPack, SonarWiz, MS Office Suite including Word and PowerPoint, and Acrobat; and
- Superior technical writing ability with government report review/editing experience.
Our Maritime Archaeologist role comes with physical demands and requirements. Candidates need to maintain strong outdoors and underwater skill sets, capacity to occasionally move or lift up to 60 pounds, and the ability to work in physically demanding environments. This position must also be comfortable in black water diving situations.
The position is a full time, exempt, professional role. It is based out of SEARCHs office in Pensacola, Florida. SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including DMV. Candidate must be able to obtain government security clearances, military base access, and need to be eligible to be employed in the United States.
For more information on SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook.