The ideal candidate must have a background in the conservation of decorative finishes, especially paint, and at least two years of hands-on conservation experience with excellent technical skills. A Master of Science degree is required for the position.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
· Be comfortable working on a construction site
· Be able to maintain detailed treatment records and write reports
· Conduct condition analysis, paint analysis and studies
· Be willing to travel
· Be able to work independently as well as part of a conservation crew
· Be a Professional Associate of AIC, preferred.