Duties: Assist in the restoration of all aspects of historic structures and outbuildings, including but not limited to: rough and fine carpentry, historic window restoration, masonry, plaster repair, painting, cabinetry, log building restoration, and structural repair.
The position will be responsible for executing detailed and thoughtful restoration carpentry work in an efficient and thorough manner. The ability to work independently with little supervision and ability to manage small projects is highly desired.
- Interest in historic buildings and restoration
- Ability to work alone or lead small crew
- 5 years minimum building or restoration experience
- Willingness to learn
- Able to lift 50 to 100lbs
- Familiarity with the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Historic Preservation a plus
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Detail oriented
- Basic carpentry tools
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
Starting Pay: $14 $18/hr based on experience. Pay and responsibilities expected to grow with increased skills and experience. An additional entry level position may be available to the right candidate.