Conservation Solutions, Inc. is seeking a full-time Assistant Conservator/Project Manager to be based in our Clinton, MD office outside of Washington, DC. The applicant should also expect to travel to project sites around the country. Please visit our website at www.conservationsolutionsinc.com to learn more about our company.
TheAssistant Conservator/Project Manager will participate in all aspects of our varied historic preservation and conservation projects. This position requires experience with historic preservation theory and practice; experience with project management and the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry is not required but is desirable. The Assistant Conservator/Project Manager will work closely with a Senior Conservator/Vice President but may also be responsible for monitoring Conservation Technicians and/or sub-contractors.
· Graduate or college degree in historic preservation, architecture, engineering or a related field. Other combinations of work experience and education will be considered.
· Must possess a valid US drivers license.
· Familiarity with performing or directing conservation treatments is advantageous but not required
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Successfully perform and support all conservation activities, to include:
· Survey and condition assessments of historic structures, monuments, artifacts, etc.
· Documentation (photographic, written, AutoCAD drawings)
· Performing and/or directing conservation treatments
· Conservation research, testing and analysis
· Preparation of assessment, treatment or testing reports
· Preparation of specifications and contract drawings
· Monitor and ensure quality performance of CSI technicians and external sub-contractors
Successfully perform all aspects of project management, to include:
· Prepare draft proposals for potential projects including budgets and staffing plan
· Organize the resources, staffing and technology required to successfully perform awarded projects
· Prepare project submittals and manage project paperwork including: schedules, material submittals, work plans, RFIs, progress reports