Application Deadline: Open until filled; priority given to applications received by December 30, 2015
The Philanthropy & Communications Coordinator provides support for all fundraising and communications activities within Historic Seattle. The Coordinator will proactively work to build such initiatives and will execute projects under the guidance of the Director of Philanthropy that elevate Historic Seattles image among its supporters and presence in the local area.
Position Status: This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy of the Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority and Foundation.
Compensation:A comprehensive salary and benefits package is offered. Historic Seattle offers a positive and flexible working environment. Candidate must be willing to work occasionally outside of normal business hours. This position is full time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt.
1. 1 3 years fundraising, communications, or marketing experience
2. Bachelors degree in related field
3. Desire to build philanthropic program and interact with donors
4. Exceptional writing and organizational skills
5. Interest in historic preservation
6. Experience with eTapestry, other fundraising softwares, or design softwares a plus
7. Grantwriting experience a plus
Job Description: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. In conjunction with Director of Philanthropy, initiate contact to steward, cultivate, and solicit supporters as appropriate; build relationships with Historic Seattle supporters that inspire passion for preservation and identification with our cause
2. Serve as the main prospect researcher and work with Director of Philanthropy to formalize a prospect research process
3. Assist with activities related to all donor/member societies; manage annual renewal mailings and emails
4. Assist with direct mail and email solicitations, including preparing lists, editing content, obtaining production quotes, proofing samples, and analyzing results
5. Process all contributions; write, generate and mail acknowledgment letters weekly
6. Create content for and edit donor publications, including annual report, newsletter, and brochures; work with outside consultant on designing and print vendors on producing publications, and manage execution of mailings
7. Oversee design of all marketing collateral such as brochures, program guides, flyers, postcards, and web graphics as needed
8. Manage Historic Seattles website, including content creation and event updates