Historic Albany Foundation (HAF) seeks an Architectural Parts Warehouse Manager. HAFs mission is to preserve and protect buildings that have architectural, history, or civic value through advocacy, technical assistance and education. Historic Albany Foundations Architectural Parts Warehouse fulfills the mission of the organization.HAF is a nonprofit, under IRS rule 501c3.
This position is under the direction, and reports to, the Executive Director. Staffs Board of Directors Warehouse Committee and assists in their efforts.
The main responsibility for the Warehouse Manager is to be an independent retail operation manager whose duties include selling merchandise to the general public.
POSITION: Part time, 25-30 hours per week required, Wednesday through Friday, 11 AM-5 PM and Saturdays, 9 AM to 5 PM, with pick-ups during off hours.
Manages all aspects of Architectural Parts Warehouse, including but not limited to:
· sales and tracking inventory with computerized systems;
· handling all sales transactions;
· responsible for salvage jobs, in coordination with the Warehouse Committee and Warehouse Marketing Specialist;
· coordinate with property owners and volunteers for salvage jobs in the local and Capital Region area;
· providing answers to the public, mainly historic property owners, on appropriate restoration methods and items to use;
· accept donations of salvage and process appropriate paperwork;
· maintenance duties for all physical plant including warehouse, offices and grounds, and HAF van;
· work with Warehouse Marketing Specialist to advertise merchandise through HAF website and social media.
· In coordination with Executive Director and Warehouse Marketing Specialist, make decisions about advertising budget and placement of ads while quantifying effectiveness of ads through collection methods of customers, etc.
Recruitsnew volunteers and volunteer retention.
Also contributes to HAFs team efforts for special events, publications, website and all HAF events via planning and execution of said activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred; High School diploma at a minimum
Valid NYS Drivers License
Has high level of expertise in one or more of the following fields: construction, architectural history, historic preservation, architectural salvage, recycling, and/or building trades.
Project management experience involving supervision of employees and/or volunteers.
Ability to lift heavy objects.
Great communication skills, excellent team player, motivated independent worker, flexible schedule.
Leadership abilities a plus.