The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Assist the Board in developing downtown economic development strategies
· Full-time advocate for the commercial district.
· Authority on information, resources and programs related to the revitalization efforts.
· Works well with the Board.
· Supports the goals set forth by the Board.
· Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Develop funding sources for expansion and development of the DDA/Main Street Program in cooperation with other organizations, agencies, and government entities.
Coordinate the activity of the DDA/Main Street program committees and assist committee volunteers
· Expand, recruit, and develop volunteer capacity.
· Ensure committee activity is moving smoothly.
· Motivate volunteers
· Assist in the development of an ongoing volunteer appreciation process.
Develop and maintain good working relationships with all persons and groups directly and indirectly involved in the downtown.
· Advise downtown Merchants Group and other committees and organization on Main Street program activities and goals.
· Help coordinate and implement joint promotional events.
· Assist in directing efforts at business recruitment, retention and expansion.
· Communicate easily and effectively with many types of people.
· Assess the management capacity of major downtown organizations and encourage improvements in the downtown communitys ability to carry out joint activities.
Manage administrative aspects of the DDA/Main Street program.