The 106 Group is seeking architectural historian technicians for our St. Paul office. We have a need for architectural historians to assist with Phase I identification and Phase II evaluation surveys, primarily in the Twin Cities metro area. This is a short-term entry level position and/or long term, part-time position that pays hourly without benefits. See www.106group.com for more information on our firm.
Minimum requirements include a B.A. or B.S. degree in architectural history, historic preservation, or closely related field. Previous cultural resources management and/or preservation planning work experience, particularly historic structure survey and identification, are preferred.
Skills and experience required include:
· Previous experience conducting architectural history surveys and writing building descriptions
· Knowledge of the history and architectural styles of the Midwest and Great Plains
· Good working knowledge of current information technologies, particularly working in Access databases and using digital cameras
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Strong research skills
· Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure
· Ability to work individually and as a team
· Valid drivers license and vehicle required
Travel and fieldwork are requirements of this position. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Minnesota.
Wage range: $14.50-$18.75/hour depending on experience and skills. This position is not eligible for company benefits. However, based on performance and company need, there is potential for advancement to a position eligible for benefits.