The Executive Director will be responsible for :
Maintaining and Improving effective CRI operations and activities:
· Manage staff.
· Write grants and other proposals to obtain funding for priority projects.
· Develop fundraising plans, materials and presentations and work to develop relationships with current or potential donors.
· Work with Board and volunteers to raise a minimum of $25,000 in private donations.
· Oversee and be responsible for all financial transactions.
· Ensure Fiscal Policy is followed at all times.
· Maintain a strong volunteer program.
· Maintain regular business hours, in addition to evening, morning and weekend events.
· Work with the Special Events Coordinator to plan and execute several community events and that the events meet the goals set forth in the workplan.
· Ensure that the Board of Directors and all Committees and their members are fully engaged and have all the resources necessary to their success.
· Provide administrative support for board meetings and activities to include preparation of meeting materials, scheduling, communication and documentation.
Expanding the revitalization in areas around the conventional retail district.
· Work with the ER committee and other community stakeholders to develop and implement new business niches appropriate to Culpeper, Virginia.
· Market the tools for rehabbing blighted and underused properties (grants and design assistance).
· Research and advocate for best practices regulation reform.
· Develop and oversee the implementation of new and more effective ways to fill vacant spaces, especially non-traditional or light industrial spaces.
· Work with Town and volunteers to provide input for Master Plan.
Maintaining current success of traditional retail district.
· Actively engage stakeholders and collecting community input.
· Use input to inform activities to foster retail traffic.
· Assist in maintaining the organizations web pages, social media, outreach, and promotions and other communications materials.
· Inform CRI members of all developments affecting the organization, downtown business district and Culpeper in general.
· Provide and market germane educational opportunities for Culpeper businesses.
Providing vision and leadership to organization and community at large.
· Develop a strong, goal-led workplan and budget.
· Manage the implementation of work plan items of the Board and/or committees.
· Maintain data management system to track the process and progress of all activities.
· Builds strong and productive working relationships with appropriate public agencies at the local and state level.
· Provide quality customer service to members, the general public and all other work contacts.