Duluth, MN based non-profit is looking for a writer. Northern Bedrock Historic Preservation Corps is a bold new organization combining young adult development with preservation trades and historic preservation of structures and landscapes
Northern Bedrock is looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write, edit and produce various types of reports, press releases, grants and web-based grist. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail and project management skills. This is a new organization, there is a lot to do, and we need a hard worker. We appreciate humor, artsy and a creative sense of adventure.
This is a part-time position for May and June, with possibility for going full-time in July. Hourly wage is dependent on skills and experience. Approximately $15 to $20/hr for 20hours/week. Start ASAP.
Prefer someone based in Duluth, but will consider other locations. This is an opportunity to become part of a small team, building a historic preservation corps that will over time affect thousands of lives and historic structures.
- Self-starter, hard worker and organized
- Excellent writing, editing and interviewing skills
- Previous writing experience and samples required; be prepared to write something as part of the interview.
- Ability to meet deadlines, coordinate and manage production schedules
- Layout/design and website skills
- Social Media, marketing and fundraising experience
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or Communications, or equivalent, preferred
- Knowledge of Historic Preservation preferred, but not necessary
Note: Nothing in this job posting restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.