Internship will involve assisting easement program staff with the monitoring of historic properties under preservation easement to the Department of Historic Resources (DHR). The Easement Intern works closely with other easement staff to ensure the coordinated and consistent oversight of easement properties. This position monitors such properties by documenting current conditions, ownership, and maintenance issues and involves direct contact and interaction with property owners. The position requires extensive travel throughout Virginia, photographic documentation, and clear and concise written documentation.
· Site visits to easement properties throughout Virginia
· Photographic documentation of properties visited.
· Completion of accurate stewardship reports following each visit
· Knowledge of architectural history, principles and practices, and preservation treatment and issues.
· Ability to plan work, meet deadlines and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of DHRs V-CRIS desirable.
· Must meet the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualifications.
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in architecture, historic preservation, architectural history or related field. Graduate study preferred.
· Hourly rate $14.00 to $15.00.