We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Associate in our Los Angeles office, serving in the role of Architectural Historian and/or Historic Preservation Planner.
Responsibilities include managing a wide variety of historic preservation projects for clients such as city agencies, land use attorneys, private property owners, and developers. Work includes report research and writing; proposal writing and responding to RFPs; client communication; managing project budgets and working with a bookkeeper to invoice clients; project site visits, most of which are in the Los Angeles area; and administrative/office management tasks (filing, answering phones, managing calendars, assisting with ordering supplies, etc.). Specific types of projects include the following:
· Historic resource assessments
· Local landmark, California Register, and National Register nominations
· Investment Tax Credit applications
· CEQA and NEPA review, including identification of historic resources, evaluation of proposed alterations to historic resources, and development of project alternatives
· Design collaboration with development teams to achieve projects in conformance with the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
· Section 106 compliance
· Historic resource surveys
· Mills Act Historical Property Contract applications and property inspections
The ideal candidate will meet the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualifications Standards in the areas of Architectural History, History, and/or Historic Architecture, have a graduate degree in architectural history, history, historic preservation, or a related field, and have at least two years experience in increasing levels of responsibility in the field. The position requires strong research, writing and communication skills. Knowledge of word-processing and related computer applications is essential (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Publisher); knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and ArcGIS are highly recommended. The applicant must have knowledge of relevant historic preservation legislation and regulations.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance and a friendly work environment.