-Performs cyclical maintenance duties as developed by the on-site preservation manager, to include but not limited to: minor carpentry and plumbing repairs; touch-up painting; light landscaping in-between contracted work; snow removal; trash removal throughout the grounds; cleaning of office and public spaces including restrooms; assisting in the movement of furniture and other heavy items as needed; assisting in the set-up of events.
- May have the opportunity to work with the preservation manager on preservation and restoration projects on the property. As well as working with vendors, consultants and contractors as related to the buildings and grounds on-going projects.
- Assists the preservation manager in keeping the mechanical and public safety systems functioning properly, as part of the cyclical maintenance schedule.
- Other duties as identified by the preservation manager.
- Minimum 3 years maintenance experience.
- Sensitivity to sound historic preservation ethics a plus.
- The candidate should be familiar with landscaping equipment and hand tools for basic repairs as required to historic buildings and landscape.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors and walk on varying terrain in all types of weather for extended periods.
- The candidate frequently exerts heavy physical effort and should be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- A successful candidate should be willing to work with over the counter cleaning and working chemicals on a daily basis.
- Must have the ability to climb and descend ladders and stairs to a height of 20 feet without assistance.
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license. *Reliable transportation is required.
- Flexibility in the weekly schedule and daily hours can be considered.