College and graduate students interested in an arts management career are encouraged to apply for a Spring Internship at Strathmore for the period of January through May 2015. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
This Spring we have openings for paid internships (minimum of 20 hrs/week) in rentals/event planning, education, and visual arts. Volunteer internships (minimum of 16 hrs/week) will be available in the following departments: historic tours and marketing. For either paid or volunteer internships, if the applicant is pursuing an internship for school credit, they must contact Strathmore in advance to ensure that all school requirements can be met.
ANTICIPATED DUTIES IN EDUCATION
· Research potential speakers, teaching artists, instructors, topics, school outreach projects, programs, etc according to the needs of the Education department
· Draft, send and track contracts and check requests
· Help maintain and organize various event-planning tracking logs
· Draft production sheets
· Support education events, helping with creating nametags, picking up snacks, setup/check-in/clean-up/greeting patrons etc.
· Organize/streamline Education event images and quotes from participants
ANTICIPATED DUTIES IN HISTORIC TOURS
· Original historical research
· Promote and give guided tours
· Maintain and revise tour materials as needed
· Research and develop programming ideas for children
ANTICIPATED DUTIES IN MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
· Research artists coming to Strathmore
· Assist with a variety of Grassroots Marketing tasks including researching and reaching out to targeted groups and delivering flyers or newsletters
· Write press releases and assist with organizing press clippings
· Post or share Strathmore performances and events on community calendars and listservs
· Proof publications and emails
· Represent Strathmore at events and performances (including some evenings/weekends)
ANTICIPATED DUTIES IN RENTALS/EVEN