CRS is accepting applications for the position of Preservation Construction Specialist. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works with other Heritage Home Program staff. Salary and benefits are competitive. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Field Heritage Home Loan Program inquiries from homeowners.
· Service general preservation technical assistance requests made through the Program.
· Work with homeowners to identify needed repairs and prioritize scope of work to repair, maintain, renovate, and/or improve older homes in participating communities.
· Conduct in the field site visits to homes to provide technical assistance.
· Provide reliable preservation technical assistance: diagnose building maintenance problems and recommend solutions according to accepted preservation practices.
· Write specifications for bid for exterior projects and monitor project compliance by homeowner.
· Prepare Program loan escrow contracts and specifications between homeowners and contractors.
· Monitor project progress and facilitate escrow payments.
· Facilitate cooperation between homeowners and contractors, if needed.
· Interact with administration and building officials in municipalities served by the program.
· Maintain and grow contractor contacts/database.
· Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Sarah Benedict House.
Qualifications: A minimum of 10 years of work experience in construction, historic preservation or a related field. Thorough knowledge and understanding of building construction, building materials, preservation technology and practices is preferred. Must be a people person, comfortable with managing projects and providing intensive customer service. Schedule is typically 8:00-4:30 for three days a week and 10:00-6:30 for two days a week, but often a flexible schedule is necessary to best serve program clients. Reliable transportation is required. Position requires strong communication skills, including written communication and public speaking, as well as computer proficiency. Basic photography skills are necessary.