Page & Turnbull, an award winning preservation architecture and planning firm, is looking for a project designer/intern architect to work in our Los Angeles office. This opening will provide the opportunity to use and build skills in architecture, historic preservation, architectural history, preservation planning, and urban design. for commercial, institutional, and residential clients. The position offers exposure to a range of challenging projects, with the early possibility of self-directed work, project management, and client contact.
· Prepare a variety of design and feasibility studies, including supporting graphics, sketches, presentations and written narrative.
· Prepare construction drawings and specifications.
· Provide support to principal in charge, project manager and/or project architect on architecture projects.
· 3-5 years professional experience.
· A professional degree in Architecture.
· Architectural licensure (preferably in California) or working towards licensure.
· Ability to work in collaborative teams for large projects and work individually on smaller projects simultaneously.
· Fluency in the Microsoft Office program suite, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Revit, InDesign and Photoshop.
· Communicative, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable and interested in growth.
· Strong graphical skills, both by hand and computer.
· Strong interest and experience working on historic and existing buildings.
· Knowledge of Los Angeles/Southern California architecture.
· Experience with Revit/BIM.
· Good writing skills.
· Commitment to participation in a professional organization.
Salary is commensurate with experience.