The Morven Park Education Department is currently exploring innovative methods of interpreting the site and its history to the public. The Museum Educator will play an integral role in expanding the departments programs, refining the guided tours and developing the education brand.
As a key member of the Education Department, the Museum Educator will primarily be responsible for:
· Interpreting the site by leading tours of the Davis Mansion and the Winmill Carriage Collection.
· Managing the Visitor Center, including welcoming visitors, taking admissions, processing gift shop purchases, managing gift shop inventory and maintaining a neat and clean environment.
· Assisting education department staff in the development, execution and review of public and school programs.
· Conducting research for use in our core programmatic areas: history, agriculture, civics, preservation and collections.
· Creating and distributing educational materials for our visitors.
· Developing strategies and content to expand the museums reach through social media.
The position requires a minimum of a bachelors degree in Museum Studies, History, American Studies, Education, Public History or a related field. A Masters degree is preferred.
The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for history and interpretation, possess strong public speaking skills, be able to work with diverse groups of people, and have a team-oriented attitude.
The Museum Educator will work a full-time schedule, 9:00 5:30 Thursday through Monday. This position is eligible for Morven Parks competitive benefits package.