The Executive Director of Main Street Greensburg coordinates programming and activities within the National Main Street framework, which utilizes historic preservation as an integral foundation for downtown economic and community development. The Executive Director is responsible for the development, conduct, execution and documentation of Main Street Greensburgs programs. The Executive Director is the principal on-site person responsible for coordinating all activities and volunteers, as well as representing the community regionally and nationally as appropriate.
· Serve as the point person and as an enthusiastic, creative and unifying force in leading all aspects of Downtown activity.
· Represent Main Street to other organizations and ensure that the organization maintains positive and productive relationships with local governmental entities, media, sponsors, donors, downtown businesses, other organizations and the public. In this capacity, serve as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
· Be familiar with both the Downtown Greensburg Revitalization Plan and City of Greensburgs Comprehensive Plan and assist with updates. Additionally, be familiar with the following documents: Historic Preservation Commission Design Guidelines, Unsafe Building Ordinance and Sign Ordinance.
· Work with the Board of Directors to implement and direct the program of the organization and provide monthly reports on the status of past and present projects of Main Street Greensburg, as well as any other information pertinent to the development of downtown.
· Work with the Board of Directors and committees to develop and implement annual work plans upon which the program will operate.
· Maintain regular contact with business owners and keep them informed about Main Street programming and events. In addition, seek out and meet with potential downtown business owners.
· Attend Main Street Board of Directors, committee, sub-committee, City Council and County Commissions meetings as necessary or as indicated by the Board of Directors.
· Secure financial resources for the organization through grant writing/administering, personal solicitation and government request.
· Serve as liaison between Main Street Greensburg and the City, County, Indiana Main Street and National Main Street programs including, but not limited to, providing quarterly/yearly reports as required by each, attending Main Street seminars and functions as a representative of Greensburgs downtown, striving to assure that Main Street Greensburgs Main Street membership remains in good standing, and providing Main Street resources to downtown business and building owners
· Promote all Main Street programming, fundraisers and events in the appropriate outlets.
· Facilitate and act as the planning coordinator when required for Main Street programs and community events, including but not limited to:
o Manage Façade Improvement Grant Program.
o Manage Low-Interest Revolving Loan Program.
o Act as Market Master at the Greensburg/Decatur County Farmers Market.
· Manage and maintain the organizations website and all social media sites.
· Write monthly column in Daily News and assembly monthly newsletter.
· Perform other duties as required.
A combination of education and experience in one or more of the following: historic preservation, not-for-profit management, small business development, public relations, urban planning, architecture or a related field; Main Street experience desirable. The Executive Director should be ener