The candidate must possess strong, conceptual, analytical, visual communication skills and proven experience in field of environmental graphic design. The candidate must be an experienced environmental graphic designer with a focus on environmental signage and wayfinding, exceptional creative talent and strong design skills to provide design services as an independent contractor.
Develop a variety of Environmental Graphic Design projects including facilities, parks, Interstate Highway System and Expressway signage systems design and a variety of environments under direction of the Lead Environmental Graphic Designer. Develop signage design concepts and provide environmental and graphics recommendations. Provide reviews and comments to architectural drawings and specifications, shop drawings, materials and finishes, for compliance with MUTCDs signage standards and guidelines. Gather infrastructure and facilities projects signage research for project research and client presentations. Undertake visual audits of the infrastructure and facilities system to assess signage/wayfinding conditions and prime locations. Be familiar with signage fabrication and installation techniques, materials and construction specifications. Work with multidisciplinary teams incorporating graphic design, architecture, engineering, landscaping and marketing. Document and update infrastructure and facilities projects signage standards, guidelines and criteria.
Extensive knowledge of two & three-dimensional design, materials, and fabricator processes. Excellent InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills required. Eight to ten years experience in the industry is a must.
- Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills.
- Extensive knowledge of two & three-dimensional design, materials, and fabricator processes.
- Excellent technical knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture and Revit Architecture, 3D modeling experience and BIM
- Ability to read and draw architectural plans, sketches, sections, location plans, elevations and details.
- Experience with ADA regulations pertaining to signage and graphics.
- 3D Modeling experience with Studio Max, Rhino, Revit or Sketchup.
- Digital interactive signage, phone apps, and other unique technologies experiences a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.