We are looking to fill a position for architectural historian. Duties will include, but are not limited to, working with our senior architectural historian on: researching historic maps, city directories, and tax/deed records; completing Ohio Historic Inventory forms and National Register Nomination forms; preparing technical reports; and preparing supporting graphics. Candidates must have the following qualifications:
· Masters degree in Architectural History or Preservation or closely related field with coursework and at least two years experience with American architectural history, such as identification of building styles, construction dates, architectural significance, and building features.
· Excellent writing skills requiring little editing.
· Good knowledge of PC computers and Microsoft Office software.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete projects on time and within an allotted number of hours.
· Ability to travel up to two weeks at a time.
· Ability to pass background checks required to access military bases. U.S. citizenship required.