HistoriCorps is seeking to fill three (3) positions; three to six month term with possibility for extensions, starting May 2th (start date dependent on projects).
Field Assistants will:
· Work with, provide on-the-job training for and coordinate projects for volunteers;
· adhere to and promote work safety standards;
· plan, purchase and prepare meals for volunteers;
· serve as a liaison between work crews and project supervisor;
· reside onsite in primitive lodging;
· assist with natural and cultural resources compliance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· A willingness to work long days in variable weather;
· Able to live and work in a remote and/or backcountry setting (i.e. tents) for up to 10 days at a time;
· A valid drivers license and a good driving record;
· A basic knowledge of handtools and the building trades;
· Strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
· Enjoy teaching others about historic preservation techniques;
· Work well in groups;
· Can cook meals for large groups (8-18 people at a time).
The preferred candidate will:
· Possess intermediate building trade skills, log working experience ideal;
· Be First Aid or First Responder certified (partial reimbursement by HistoriCorps upon receipt of certificate)
· Have previous leadership experience instructing crews ideally in remote and/or backcountry settings.