The newly formed Atlantic Avenue Business Improvement District is looking for an energetic, self-starting advocate to lead the execution of our vision for an improved and vibrant business corridor around the following core programs:
--Marketing and Promotion aimed at attracting residents and visitors to the Avenues array of services, shops and dining
--Capital improvements, streetscape and beautification projects
--Business services to improve economic health and quality of life for local business owners and residents
The ideal candidate will be capable of initiating and maintaining programs to address all of the issues above as well as evaluating other ideas and concerns within the financial framework and budget outlined by the Board.
- Oversee and administer the BIDs core programs of special events, fundraising, holiday lighting, sanitation and beautification services
- Supervise all contracts with partners and city agencies as well as AABID interns.
- Develop positive relationships and liaise with BID merchants, government agencies, elected officials, community organizations, corporate members, and property owners
- Advocate on behalf of the District and resolve service delivery problems
- Identify and secure grants in support of core programs
- Manage BIDs communications, including the website, newsletters, eblasts and special mailings
- Collection, analysis, and management of data (including but not limited to development, distribution, and analysis of survey material; maintaining up-to-date databases of existing conditions (including but not limited to vacancy/occupancy status of commercial/retail property and efficiency of municipal and supplemental service delivery) and contact information (including merchants, property owners, City agencies, and elected officials).
- Prepare annual plans and operating budgets with the assistance of Treasurer and Chair of the Board, assure adherence to these plans, maintaining all organizational records, and provide the Board with periodic management reports, operating statements, and cost and program analyses.
- Superb communication skills
- Up to date computer skills
- Ability to work on own much of time
- Effective spokesperson as well as capability to mediate and lead constructive discussions among BID members
- Experience with fundraising
- Grants writing experience a plus
- Supervisory experience
Experience and Education Requirements:
Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a college degree in business, marketing, city planning or similar area as well as several years experience in economic development, fundraising or public relations.