* Bachelors Degree in Cultural Resources or corresponding experience in the cultural resources field
* Min. 10 years of experience in the consulting industry.
* 7 years experience in personnel-line management, which may include large project/program
* Experience with a diverse client base including federal, state, municipal and private sectors
* Ability to understand, lead and manage a team of multidisciplinary staff with diverse professional
and technical backgrounds.
* Ability to analyze and interpret accounting, staffing and project-related reports.
* Ability to resolve complex problems involving several abstract variables in non-standard situations.
* Ability to independently follow through on tasks and issues in a reasonable timeframe.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities to include, but not limited to; daily management of
projects/programs, development and mentoring of staff, and ability to maintain productive work
relationships with other URS offices and staff.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated analytical abilities and aptitude with financial requirements of project management.
* Ability to objectively interpret and accurately disseminate and execute corporate Policies and
Procedures to staff.
* Demonstrated experience in business development, proposal preparation and client management
* Experience and knowledge of NEPA and other environmental permitting
Group Leader of the Cultural Resources Management Group, which includes the archaeology and architectural history practices. Specific responsibilities include:
Closely monitor and manage the Groupís weekly sold time and direct labor to ensure goals are met.
Track and report on the Groupís monthly financial performance, sales and backlog.
Prepare monthly financial reports and attend the monthly Mid-Month Review (MMR) meetings.
Provide direction to the Team Leaders to ensure the financial reporting, administrative requirements and project controls are attained.
Review and submit for approval the Groupís expenditures, including conference and professional activity approval PAAs) requests.
Assist with the annual Budget Planning process, including development and projections of Groupís metrics and requirements for growth.
Manage Team Leaderís performance, conduct and complete annual performance reviews.
Participate in and actively contribute to Office Management Team (OMT) meetings and disseminate information to staff as appropriate.
Establish and maintain productive work relationships with internal and external clients.
Develop and submit for approval annual salary and bonus recommendations for the group staff.
Ensure a safe work environment for groupís office and field staff, monitor project activities to encourage safety, and designate a representative to serve on the Safety Leadership Team (SLT).
Review and approve groupís personnel requisitions and employment offers.
Review and approve timesheets, vacation requests, and expense reports for Group staff.
Provide mentorship for group staff and develop/adjust group organizational structure with a focus on market trends and opportunities.
Promote professional development and ensure various certifications for staff are attained in corporate, office and industry programs.
Oversee teams to ensure all annual required training/compliance courses are completed.
Ensure Quality Control Reviews of all deliverables produced by staff are conducted, including proposals.
Designate and ensure group participation in Quality Leadership Team (QLT), Employee Council (EC), etc.
Coordinate with Business Operations Managers and Program Development Managers (PDMs) in the preparation of strategic business initiatives for their market/client area(s).
Coordinate and ensure preparation of annual Joint Strategic Planning (JSP) materials and inputs for Annual Office Business Plan.
Generate new business and achieve annual sales goals for the group.
Review and approve all proposals developed by the group.
Facilitate interoffice, inter-RBU, and interdivisional coordination/collaboration.
Identify new strategic initiatives for group and coordinate with office management to develop personnel requisitions, recruit and hire candidates necessary for strategic initiative implementation.
Collaborate in Go/No-Go decisions, pursuit strategy, and proposal/interview efforts for Group pursuits.
Participate in key business development meetings and marketing opportunities, attend or ensure representation at weekly Business Development Steering Team meetings.
Provide support to and/or act in the capacity of Project/Program Managers, Client Manager, and/or Proposal Champion as appropriate.