· Review information provided from the sales representatives or customers and assist to generate a quotation.
· Maintain a working relationship with regional sales persons and regional sales agencies.
· Maintain and assemble computer-based and physical quotation and sales order files.
· Maintain a current knowledge of the Controls product line and functionality.
· Maintain a monthly status of quotations generated within assigned region. Work with sales agencies within assigned region to convert quotations to orders.
· Yearly evaluation of price lists and product catalog to keep them current.
· Design and assemble job-specific submittal drawings.
· Includes cover page, bill of materials, startup information (as needed), job-specific drawings, typical wiring detail, panel schedule, AIM worksheets, EIM worksheet, and cut sheets
· Provide submittals to the sales representative via email or UPS Red as needed.
· Respond to Engineer comments on rejected submittals.
3. Sales Representative Interaction
· Maintain a communications dialog with our sales representatives for quotation, and proper ordering purposes.
· Resolve any application issues with the sales representative or customer.
· Travel to sales representative agency and job sites on a limited bases.
· Communicate with the Controls Sales Team on agent issues and requests.
· Promote efficient and expeditious product shipments including priority shipments.
· Communicate with Purchasing and Manufacturing the priorities of orders and job-specific needs.
· Communicate with Technical Support regarding forthcoming applications
· Handle territory correspondence including faxes,emails and phone calls
· Handle all discrepancies with commissions,
· Organize and maintain the order file
· Process return authorizations.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position.
· Ability to use Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Excellence in business communication (written and verbal)
· Extensive use of Email and the Internet for transfer of information and job related research
· Ability to use network systems and navigate on a business network
· Ability to review and understand building floor plans a plus
· Engineering background and understanding a plus
· Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team