See what's possible...At PBS&J our people make the difference. We are one of the nations' top ranked Engineering, Architecture and Technology firms, and we are known for our commitment to excellence, as well as our focus and dedication to client service. We offer significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic, forward thinking environment. We are currently seeking a Sr Planner I to join our team in Atlanta, GA. Knowledge of Historic Architecture analysis and Section 106 documentation required. Experience working on transportation projects is a plus. Familiarity with Georgia Department of Transportation standards and a knowledge of Georgia SHPO preferred. Position may also involve work on transportation in Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi. Typical duties include:
* Conducting Field surveys to identify historic resources.
* Make NRHP eligibility determinations.
* Prepare historic resource survey reports, Assessments of Effect, and Memoranda of Agreement.
* Assists in the management of projects and may act as project manager on specific project tasks.
* Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
NO RELOCATION IS OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION.
* BS/BA in history/Historic Preservation/Architectural History or a closely related field.
* Typical incumbent has 5-7 years experience.
* Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
* Availability for travel on occasion to Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits and a work environment that values employee ideas and diversity.